The SABC and its services are signatories to various Codes of Conduct related to its broadcasts. If you have a complaint , you can direct it to any of the following bodies:
· Details on lodging a complaint about programming content that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Broadcasting Complaints Commission of South Africa can be found at www.bccsa.co.za
· Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Advertising Standards Authority of South Africa can be found at www.asasa.org.za
· Details on lodging a complaint about advertising that you believe does not comply with the provisions of the Code of Conduct of the Wireless Application Service Providers Association of South Africa can be found at www.waspa.co.za
You can send complaints on other SABC matters to:
Private Bag X1
Auckland Park 2006
e-mail : email@example.com
The SABC Call Centre is the link between the public and the SABC. On a normal day the call centre caters to about 1500 calls, when there are programme changes to accommodate other activities such as sport, national events, etc, the number of calls increases up to reach between 2000 and 3000 calls on that particular day. This excludes calls made directly to radio stations, television channels and other SABC departments and internal calls made to the switchboard.
The Call Centre operating hours:
Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 23:00.
On Saturday - 08:00 until 22:00.
On Sundays and public holidays 08:00 until 18:00.
Call Centre Numbers:
011 714 – 9797
011 714 - 9111
SABC TV Licences Customer Services Call Centre:
Mondays - Saturdays - 08:00-18:00
Sundays - 09:00-17:00
TV Licences Call Centre number: 011-330 9555 e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
TV Licences website - click here.
SABC Regional Offices:
* Head Office: Cnr. of Artillery & Henley Rd, Auckland Park, Johannesburg. Private Bag X1, Auckland Park 2006
Tel: 011 714-9111; Fax: 011 714-9744.
* Gauteng - Pretoria, 1059 Schoeman St. Hatfield, Pretoria. P.O. Box 1198, Hatfield 0001
Tel: 012 431-5300; Fax: 012 431-5490
* Western Cape: 209 Beach Rd, Seapoint, Cape Town. P.O. Box 2551, Cape Town 8000
Tel 021 430-8100; Fax 021 430-8411
* Kwazulu-Natal, 100 Old Ford Rd, Durban. P.O Box 1588, Durban, 4000
Tel 031 362-5111; Fax 031 362-5100
* Free State, Cnr. of Markgraaff and Kellner Street, Bloemfontein. PO Box 563, Bloemfontein, 9300
Tel 051 503-3111; Fax 051 503-3264
* Eastern Cape, SABC, Conygnham Rd, Parsons Hill. P.O Box 1040, Port Elizabeth, 6000
Tel (040) 609-1800//(040) 609-1841
* Limpopo Province, 19 Hospital St, Polokwane. P.O Box 395, Polokwane, 0700
Tel 015 290-0269; Fax 015 290-0178/9
* Mpumalanga, Cnr. Andrew and Madiba Drive, Nelspruit. Private Bag X11301, Nelspruit 1200.
Tel 013 759-6600; Fax 013 755-2823
* Northern Cape, Cnr. of Bultfontein and South Circular Street, Kimberley. PO Box 1008, Kimberley, 8301
Tel 053 802-5800; Fax 053 802-5948
* North West Province, SABC Building, Cnr. James Moroka and Albert Lithuli Drive, Mmabatho
Private Bag X2158, Mafikeng, 2735
Tel 018 389-7111; Fax 018 389-7299
SABC News - Email: email@example.com
Programme purchases :
* TV Programmes - Obtain a DVD recording of a television programme:
Tel 011-714-3827. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Radio Programmes - Purchase an audio cassette/CD of a radio programme: Tel 011-714-4709/4315/4681/4431. Email address: email@example.com
* Recordings - TV Sport: Purchase a CD/DVD of a sports programme:
Technical facilities for hire:
* Radio broadcasting facilities for hire: Tel 011-714-4666/4278
* Teledata - The SABC’s teletext service, Teledata: Tel 011-714-6385. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Radio and Television Frequencies: Frequency charts for Radio/TV available from the Technical Liaison Office: Tel 011-714-4286 or 011-714-2343
Reception & Technical Issues:
How to solve reception problems can be obtained from the Sentech Info Section:
Purchase Radio and or TV advertising space: Tel 011-714-7000/7020.
Commercial Enterprises regional offices:
* Johannesburg: Tel 011 714-7000/7020; Pretoria: Tel 012 431-5315.
* Cape Town: Tel 021 430-9636; Durban: Tel 031 362-5121.
* Bloemfontein: Tel 051 503 3210; Port Elizabeth: Tel 041 391-1242.
* Polokwane: Tel 015 290-0127; Nelspruit: Tel 013 759-6628.
* Mmabatho: Tel 018 389-7557.