Mandla Mandela speaks out on Trust saga : Friday 12 April 2013

Mandla Mandela speaks out on Trust saga

Friday 12 April 2013 17:29

SABC

Mandla Mandela says his grandfather's health has improved since he was discharged from hospital last week.

Mandla Mandela says his grandfather's health has improved since he was discharged from hospital last week.(SABC)

A legal battle over a section of the Mandela Family Trust has spilled over into the public domain.

Grandson of former President Nelson Mandela, Chief Mandla Mandela, held a media conference around the family feud at his rural home in Mvezo on Friday.

Earlier this week, reports revealed that Madiba's daughters Zenani and Makaziwe were demanding the removal of three trustees, allegedly with the support of Mandla Mandela.

Mandla says is saddened by the way the issue is being played out in the media. He has emphatically denied the alleged involvement in the removal of three trustees. 'It comes as a shock to myself and am very sad that people can stoop that low and engage in their own agendas. This matter has never been discussed by the family. I have never had any interaction on this matter with my aunts both Makaziwe and Zenani which I love very much and have respect for. I have never discussed this with them."

Mandela says it is a disgrace to talk about money while his grandfather is still alive. He says it is worse as the elder statesman is sick. He believes that this can have a bad impact on his health.

Chief Mandela however says his grandfather's health has improved since he was discharged from hospital last week. "We are so delighted that my grandfather is so much better now. We want to thank the South African family and the global community for their prayers. "

Share this page: Printer friendly version